I started to install the kitchen floor on Sunday afternoon. The day began by doing more white touch ups on the cabinets and then patching and washing the floors. After throughly researching DIY videos on YouTube about lying linoleum tile the task began. We started by using math to find the center of the room and marking it. Next, we spread some adhesive on the floor and laid the first four tiles and then gradually worked out from the center of the room. That was quick and easy.
The hard part was the outsides. So, so, so much cutting, dry fitting, trimming , clipping … oops! its to small, uh oh its the wrong color etc. made this step tedious. By 9 PM the goal came down to finish the corner so we can put the fridge back and call it a day. We did accomplish that. I’m happy with how it looks but I now understand why people hire people to do this sort of thing. It really takes some skill. Our biggest problem is the black band around the outside. If you look close on the floor you will notice some small gaps in where the tiles meet because it was impossible for us to get the tiles to cut right and fit together perfectly.
So this is where things stand as we speak and as I call it quits for day one.