The bathroom is all finished. I just got done scrubbing it down and putting everything back in. I was never able to figure out how to miter the corners properly, but I did get around the issue with these little babies:
The corner blocks allowed me to cut the molding straight and avoid the miter all together. They were very difficult to paint around though.
Here’s a picture of the whole ceiling with the blocks:
and here you can see the board and batten panels:
I’m taking everyone’s advice and getting rid of the blinds. You’re all right, there are too many lines and the molding around the window is enough to be interesting so I think I’ll take a cue from Karen Anne and hang a simple panel inside the window. There is a Dwell Studio fabric that I have had my eye on, its sort of pricy, but since I’ll only need about a yard I think I can make a go of it.